The Princeton Mercer Regional Chamber is the largest and oldest regional chamber of commerce in the State of New Jersey.
Under the leadership of John Roebling, New Jersey’s first Chamber of Commerce was established in 1868. “The Board of Trade of the City of Trenton” consisted of 200 companies at the time. Over the next 150 years, this Chamber would take on many new names and iterations, including the Mercer Chamber of Commerce and the MIDJersey Chamber of Commerce and grow to a membership of over 1000 companies.
In 1960, the “Chamber of Commerce of the Princeton Area” was established as a group of roughly 20 members who would gather on Saturdays to plant flowers on Nassau Street. Sixty years later that organization had grown to be the largest regional Chamber of Commerce in the State as the Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce.